Arts Place receives special donation
Teen killed in shooting
Senior Center names volunteer of the year
Do you know where this is?
- Arts Place receives special donation - 11:03 am
- View Story - 7:35 am
- Forsyth Tech Holds Ribbon-Cutting for New Stokes County Center - 6:18 am
- Teen killed in shooting - 6:17 am
- Senior Center names volunteer of the year - 6:15 am
- Sheriff offers tips for safe shopping during the holiday season - 5:04 am
- Rose wins essay contest - 4:59 am
- Foxx Selected as Chairwoman of House Committee on Education and the Workforce - 4:53 am
- Inman receives honor - 2:16 am
- Fire ban lifted in Stokes - 1:10 am
- So You Want to get Some Honeybees - 11:15 am
- Do you know where this is? - 1:45 pm updated: 1:45 pm.
- Stokes Arts to Present “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever” - 11:58 pm
- Dewey’s Bakery opens in Walnut Cove - 11:52 pm
- Soup in a Bowl event helps food pantries - 11:40 pm
- Pastor recognized for 41 years of service - 11:34 pm
- Trooper Nick White receives Award of Valor - 11:34 pm
- King Masons Recognized - 11:23 pm
- Chestnut Grove Middle A/B Honor Roll - 11:15 pm updated: 11:15 pm.
- Low Income Energy Assistance Program - 10:43 pm
- The gift of health - 6:32 pm
- Stokes kicks off small business Saturday - 2:01 pm
- Give the gift of blood this holiday season - 1:51 pm
- Youth Attend State 4-H Council Conference - 12:47 pm
- Stokes County 4-H News & Events - 12:38 pm
Fire ban lifted in Stokes
Fire experts with the NC Forest Service say recent rains have helped reduce the fire danger for Stokes County and the Piedmont of North Carolina and t...
So You Want to get Some Honeybees
Stokes Cooperative Extension in partnership with Certified Beekeeper Will Kiser and the King Public Library will present the class So You Want to get ...
Do you know where this is?
Tell us your name and where you think this picture was taken on thestokesnews.com. Check this space next week to see who sent in the first correct ans...
Stokes Arts to Present “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever”
Author Barbara Robinson’s funny and touching tale of an out-of-control Christmas pageant will come to life onstage at Mount Olive Elementary Sch...
Dewey’s Bakery opens in Walnut Cove
Southeastern Stokes Middle School is operating a Dewey’s Bakery fundraising location in Walnut Cove for the holiday season next to Hicks Pharmac...
Soup in a Bowl event helps food pantries
The Soup in a Bowl event held at Hanging Rock on Nov. 19 brought in nearly $7,000 and the money raised along with the canned food donations were divid...
Weekly Sports Brief in Stokes County
ScoresMonday, Nov. 28 –Chestnut Grove @ Mount Airy: A Boys 35-24 win; B Boys 31-22 Loss; A Girls 35-27 win; B Girls 19-12 win.Meadowview @ Piney...
Wildcats pick up two wins
West Stokes Wildcats had a busy first week of basketball taking on three games in four days and winning two of the three.On Tuesday, Nov. 29 the Wildc...
WPAC announces All-Conference Teams
The Western Piedmont Athletic Conference released their fall all-conference teams for the 2016 seasons. Between West and South Stokes they received 50...
Garner signs with NCSU
North Stokes softball player, senior Chandley Garner has finally turned the 2014 commitment into a signing with North Carolina State University for th...
West Stokes host Turkey Duals
The West Stokes Wildcats wrestling team hosted their annual Turkey Duals Wrestling Tournament on Saturday, Nov. 26. This year’s teams included S...
Sauras fall in wrestling
South Stokes hosted their first tri-match of the wrestling season on Wednesday, Nov. 23 with the Lexington Yellow Jackets and Ben L. Smith Golden Eagl...
Don’t know about you, but I’m glad the election is over. I had the privilege of working at the Francisco precinct on Tuesday and had a bal...
Southern living (not the magazine)
There are times I am so thankful to live in the South. Okay, let me specify which times……uh, ALL the time. If you’ve read my columns...
The Garden Plot
TOMORROW: VETERANS DAY, A DAY TO REMEMBER: If you are a veteran, one of the best places to be to celebrate the event is at the Golden Corral on Milita...
The Garden Plot
THE DEPARTURE OF AN OLD SUMMER FRIEND: This friend leaves us early Sunday morning at 2:00AM. Yes, Daylight Savings Time departed for six months, and h...
Can you believe it’s November? Not sure where the time has gone this year. Next week at this time, we will know who our next president will be. ...
Handel’s Messiah is a great opener for this Christmas season with its transcending message of Jesus Christ, the awaited Messiah. It will be perf...
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know I did. I ate too much but that’s all part of the Thanksgiving experience! But it is a time ...
Should We Give Thanks to God FOR Everything… Including Bad Things?Thanksgiving Devotion by Dr. John WrenThanksgiving season is approaching and i...
Sandy Ridge News
Don’t miss The LeBeaus at Delta UMC on Sunday, November 27 at 5 p.m. This father and son duo, based out of Lexington, have been singing southern...
Loaves and Dishes
Come on, admit it. You’ve been thinking about that election a lot! You know you have. Did you win? It feels good, doesn’t it? You feel a s...