Pine Hall standoff suspect turns himself in


By Nicholas Elmes - nelmes@civitasmedia.com



Ballesteros


Carlos Saenz Ballesteros, 45, of Knight Road turned himself into the Stokes County Sheriff’s Office on Tuesday following a two day search for the man after he was involved in, what was thought at the time, s Sunday night standoff in the Pine Hall area.

Major Jeff Lemons said the incident started around 7:30 p.m. Sunday when deputies responded to a 911 hang up reporting a domestic disturbance at Ballesteros’ home.

“When they went to the door the spoke with the female who said she had been assaulted by her husband,” said Lemons. “Deputies asked to come inside to speak to him at which time he came to the door with a gun. He pointed the handgun at the deputy, ordered the deputy off of the property and pulled the female back into the residence.”

Lemons said the victim exited the house about 15 minutes later and deputies moved her to a secure location and began interviewing her.

“Deputies began trying to secure the residence and obtain warrants on the suspect,” he said, noting that they also started trying to get in touch with family members in the county in the hopes that they may be able help talk to the suspect. “We tried numerous times to contact him by phone, but he would not answer any calls.”

At around 4:30 a.m., according to Lemons, the victim told deputies that the suspect had left the house through the backdoor before officers had been able to secure the residence.

“The wife admitted that while she was at the front door of the house with the deputy her husband was going out the back door,” said Lemons, “as he had in the past when dealing with law enforcement on other domestic issues.”

Lemons said Stokes and Rockingham deputies got permission to search the house and verified that the suspect was no longer on the scene.

Ballesteros was charged with assault on a female, false imprisonment and assault on a law enforcement officer with a firearm and is under a $125,000 bond.

Nicholas Elmes may be reached at 336-591-8191 or on Twitter @NicholasElmes.

Ballesteros
http://thestokesnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/web1_CARLOS-SAENZ-BALLESTEROS-01-10-20031.jpgBallesteros

By Nicholas Elmes

nelmes@civitasmedia.com

comments powered by Disqus